- 2 cups Augason Farms Buttermilk Pancake Mix
- 1/2 cup Augason Farms Butter Powder, softened
- 1/4 cup water.
Makes a 9-inch pie shell.
- 3 1/2 cups Augason Farms Dehydrated Diced Carrots
- 1/2 cup Augason Farms White Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 5 tablespoons Augason Farms Dried Whole Egg Powder + 5 tablespoons water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 teaspoon Augason Farms Dehydrated Chopped Onions
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon iodized salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons wheat flour
- 1/4 cup Augason Farms Country Fresh® 100% Instant Nonfat Dry Milk
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Crust: combine pancake mix, butter and water until dough forms. (can add 1 to 2 tablespoons additional water if too dry). Roll out the dough, line the pie tin. Line the inside of the crust with parchment paper, fill with pie weights (or dry beans/rice). Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven, allow the crust to cool. Remove pie weights. Using a fork, poke holes in the bottom of the crust. Set aside.
Pie Filling: Cover carrots with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium, continue cooking for 20 to 30 minutes or until carrots are soft. Drain carrots well. Combine carrots with remaining ingredients, puree. Pour filling into the prepared pie shell. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes. Makes 1 Pie.