- 3/4 cup Augason Farms Butter Powder, prepared and softened
- 1/4 teaspoon iodized Salt
- 1 egg (or 2 1/2 tablespoon Augason Farms Whole Eggs + 2 ½ tablespoons water)
- 1/3 cup Augason Farms Morning Moo’s® Low Fat Milk Alternative, prepared
- 3 cups Augason Farms Honey White Bread, Scone & Roll Mix
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups Augason Farms Beef Flavored Vegetarian Meat Substitute, prepared
- 1/8 teaspoon iodized Salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Chopped Onions, rehydrated
- 1 cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Potato Shreds, rehydrated
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon Augason Farms Tomato Powder (or tomato paste)
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 cup Augason Farms Red & Green Bell Peppers, rehydrated
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup water (or beef flavored broth)
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Dough: In a large bowl, combine butter, salt, egg and milk, mix well. Gradually add bread mix until dough forms. On a lightly floured surface, knead dough for 1 to 2 minutes. Add more bread mix if the dough is sticky. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Filling: In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add remaining ingredients, stir well. Cook until potatoes are browned.
To form the empanadas, divide dough into 2-inch diameter balls. Roll each piece into a 4 1/2-inch circle. Lay circles on lightly floured surfaces. Using water, moisten the outer edges of each circle. Place 2 tablespoons of filling mixture into the center of each circle. Fold dough over filling, pressing the edges together to seal. Roll edge over, pinch or crimp with a fork. Place empanadas on a greased baking sheet, bake for 10 to 15 minutes. Makes 18 empanadas.