Salisbury Steak & Gravy
- 1/4 cup Augason Farms Butter Powder, prepared (or oil)
- 2 tablespoons flour (or Augason Farms Honey White Bread, Scone & Roll Mix)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Augason Farms Dehydrated Red & Green Bell Pepper, rehydrated
- 4 teaspoons beef bouillon
- Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Augason Farms Beef Flavored Vegetarian Meat Substitute, rehydrated and drained
- 1/2 cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Chopped Onions, rehydrated
- 1 egg (or 2 1/2 tablespoons Augason Farms Whole Egg + 2 ½ tablespoons water)
- 1/4 cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Red & Green Peppers, rehydrated
In a medium saucepan, heat butter. Add bread mix, whisk until mix begins to brown. Add water, peppers and beef bouillon,whisk until well blended. Cook on medium heat until the sauce begins to thicken. Set aside.
Combine ingredients except oil, mix well. Form into four patties. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Fry steak patties until browned on each side. Remove from heat, top with gravy. Serve with Augason Farms Potato Gems Complete Mashed Potatoes And a side of Augason Farms Freeze Dried Sweet Corn. Makes 4 steaks and 2 cups gravy.