Strawberry Oat Bars
- 1 cup Augason Farms Quick Rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup wheat flour
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon iodized salt
- 6 tablespoons Augason Farms Butter Powder, prepared, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Augason Farms Freeze Dried Sliced Strawberries, rehydrated
- 1 tablespoon Augason Farms White Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Augason Farms Country Fresh® 100% Instant Nonfat Dry Milk, prepared
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Bars: Line 8”x8” baking pan with parchment paper leaving a portion to hang over two sides. In a medium sized bowl, combine oats, flour, brown sugar and salt. Pour melted butter over mixture and stir until clumps are formed and dry ingredients are moistened. Press mixture evenly into the bottom of the pan lined with parchment paper. Spread rehydrated strawberries over the crust. Mix sugar with cornstarch, sprinkle bars with sugar mixture. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until the crumb topping is golden brown. Allow to cool completely.
Glaze: In a small bowl, whisk powdered sugar, vanilla and milk until smooth. Using the excess parchment paper, lift bars out of the pan, drizzle with glaze before serving. Makes 9 to 12 bars.