The Power of Peanut Butter Powder
Peanut butter powder has become quite popular in the past few years, but do you really know what the difference is between it and regular peanut butter, how it’s made, and how you can use it in your everyday cooking? We’re here today to share everything you need to know about peanut butter powder.
What is peanut butter powder?
Well, peanut butter powder is exactly as it sounds, it’s powdered peanut butter. The process starts out the same way as regular peanut butter, by roasting peanuts. But then, instead of being ground into butter, the peanuts are pressed to remove most of the natural oils and ground into a fine powder. Through this process, most of the oil and fat (and therefore most of the calories) are removed from the product.
What’s the difference between regular peanut butter and a powder?
Here’s a general side-by-side comparison of nutritional facts of butter to powder:
|Off-the-Shelf Peanut Butter||Augason Farms Peanut Butter Powder|
|Serving Size:||2 tablespoons||2 tablespoons|
|Calories per Serving:||190 calories||60 calories|
|Total Fat:||16g (2.5g saturated)||1.5g (0 grams saturated)|
As you can see, the powder has significantly fewer calories and fat while still maintaining a considerable amount of protein. This makes it a great option when you want the taste of peanut butter, but without the calories and fat.
How can you use peanut butter powder?
There’s nothing terrible or wrong about regular peanut butter—after all, it has heart-healthy unsaturated fat that can help you feeling fuller for longer, but if you are counting calories, monitoring your fat macros, or looking for another way to incorporate protein into your emergency food storage, peanut butter powder is a great option. Its texture makes it ideal to mix into smoothies, batters and sauces. Here are a few ways you can use peanut butter powder:
- Stir into your morning oatmeal or cream of wheat with chopped strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon for a yummy change up.
- Swirl into Greek yogurt and top with granola
- Add to almond milk, a banana and ice for a yummy morning smoothie
- Or, once your smoothie is mixed, sprinkle some powder on top and gently stir in for a peanut buttery kick
- Substitute some powder for the flour in your pancake or waffle mix for an extra protein punch
- Dust your popcorn, brownies, cakes or cupcakes with the powder
- Add it to your chicken breading for your next stir fry
- Mix it with cream cheese and toffee bits for a tasty apple dip
- Combine with heavy cream and then whip it up for a sweet and salty topping
- Stir a tablespoon into your cookie dough
When it comes to emergency food storage, the 5-year shelf life of Augason Farms Peanut Butter Powder is considerably longer than regular peanut butter, which makes it an excellent option for your long-term food supply. As you can see, the sky’s the limit for thinking up uses for your peanut butter powder. Your family will thank you for thinking of even more ways to incorporate this popular ingredient into their everyday meals!