For an emergency preparedness superfood, stock up on Augason Farms Black Beans. They are rich in protein and iron, high in fiber, and a good source of potassium, making them an ideal survival food and ingredient for everyday cooking.
• Label includes overnight soaking and quick-prep instructions
• Long term food storage or everyday use
• Shelf life up to 30 years*
INGREDIENTS: Black beans.
1. Remove oxygen absorber and discard.
2. Rinse beans well.
3. Cover each cup of Black Beans with 3 cupsof water and let stand for 12 hours.
4. Cover and slowly cook on medium heat until beans are tender, about 2 hours.
5. Add more water if necessary.
6. Season with salt, pepper, chopped onion and/or minced garlic.
Why Choose Beans for Food Storage?
Wherever You May Be
Whatever May Happen
Great for the Outdoors
CUBAN BLACK BEANS & RICE
- 1 cup Augason Farms Long Grain WhiteRice, cooked
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups Augason Farms Dehydrated Chopped Onions, rehydrated
- 2 diced green bell peppers
- 4-ounces ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 1/4 cups Augason Farms Black Beans, cooked
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
Black Bean Salad
- - 2 cups Augason Farms Black Beans, cooked and drained
- - 1 cup diced cucumber
- - 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- - 1/4 cup diced red onion
- - 1/2 cup minced, fresh cilantro
- - 1/4 cup olive oil
- - 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- - 2 cloves garlic minced
- - 1/2 teaspoon salt
- - 1/4 cup Augason Farms Dehydrated Diced Red & Green Bell Peppers
24 lb. (10.98 kg.)
Up to 30 years
Note: Product specifications listed above may differ slightly from those on actual product labels due to occasional changes in raw ingredient suppliers. Please refer to printed product labels for final specifications. Product stays fresh up to 25 years when unopened. Best when stored in a cool and dry place at temperatures between 55° F and 70° F. Actual shelf life may vary based on individual storage conditions.